Retreat Centre | Healing Architecture – Design Competition
Archiol | Artuminate
Registration Deadline: 28th Feb 2022
Submission Deadline: 10th Mar 2022
Result announcement: 10th Apr 2022
This competition intends to understand spaces of the built environment and its effect on human mind and behavior. Every space has some effect on our mind depending on the quality of that space. We as human beings have an inner connection with our environment by physical, mental, emotional and spiritual means. Architecture that fosters various levels of controlled interaction between people and space.
To understand the effect of built environment on Human Mind.
• A space that induces positivity.
• Design a facility for people to rejuvenate their emotional and physical states.
• A retreat centre focusing on individual self-renewal through several types of retreats. (Types of retreat to be decided by the participant).
Our competitions don’t bind the participant in briefs and let the individual come up with varied approach to a single architectural problem. We provide basic guidelines to design your own brief.
Competition Brief guidelines:
• The site is not specified as we expect the participants to come up with an interesting site (natural context) to design a retreat centre.
• The site can be in any part of the world.
• The site area can be decided considering your functional needs.
Design Program details:
• Functional requirements to decided by the participant (Mention the selection and reasoning for your functions in the panel)
• The program can consist of a single function or various functions, depending on your approach.
Basic Submission requirements:
• Presentation Board (Min: 1 Maximum 5 no. | size: A1, Landscape format)
• Text summary (min 300 words, explaining the reasoning for the design program and brief)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to acknowledge the excellent performance of all Winners, Honourable Mentions, and Top 20 entries.
The Top 3 Winners will get an exclusive interview in both – written and video formats.
Photos, interviews, and more information about the winners will be published on our website.
The Winners and Honorable Mentions and the top 20 will be published on Archiol’s website and other international architecture websites partnered with us.
The best entries will be featured in Archiol’s Yearbook.
All the participants will receive e-certificates.