HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE ESSAY COMPETITION
Registration Deadline: Friday, 30 June, 2023
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, 18 July, 2023
Result Announcement: Tuesday, 5 September, 2023
Archiol Competitions has organized this second edition of the History of architecture essay competition to understand the past of architecture for better architectural future.
“History is who we are and why we are the way we are.”
– David McCullough
History of Architecture is a 2023 Presentation and Writing Competition organized by Archiol Competitions. Architecture evolved over the centuries with the rise and fall of civilizations. Architecture is the essence of the history of Human Civilization. The competition - 'History of Architecture' - is looking for a presentation board and essay submissions on temple architecture (Indian, Greek, Roman, Buddhist, Incan, Mayan, Egyptian, etc.) located in any part of the world.
• Presentation boards of 30cm X 30cm size; explain the temple/temple complex - the history of Architecture with drawings, facts, and details.
• Write an essay with the facts and details of the chosen temple structure.
“If you want to understand today you have to search yesterday.”
- Pearl S. Buck
This competition aims to to understand the past of architecture for better architectural future.
What can be submitted?
• Presentation Board of size 30cm X30cm
• Text of up to 1500 words or less. (600 words min.)
“A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.”
- Robert Heinlein
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 4 members in a team)
Presentation Boards (2 -5) – jpeg. / jpg. format.
Essay with a title (Min. 600 words) – docx. / docs. Format
• Presentation Board of 30cm X 30cm size which may include, but are not limited to 3-D views, sketches, sections, isometric views, plans, elevations or any other means of graphical representation. You may include text labels, architectural markings & symbols and short descriptive text.
• The title must be included as the heading of the sheet.
All submissions should be digital:
• Text submissions, including footnotes, citations, and illustration notes, must be submitted digitally in .doc format.
• Images must be submitted in .jpeg format
• Vector-only graphics should be submitted in .pdf formats.