Registration deadline: 31stDecember 2022
AR (advanced registration) deadline: 20th November 2022
SR (standard registrations) deadline: 20th December 2022
LR (late registration): 5thDecember 2022 – 31st December 2022
Submission Starts: 31stDecember 2022
Submission Ends: 10th January 2023
Result Announcement: 20th March 2023
Archiol Artuminate has organized this second edition of the Home - future design competition to understand the possibilities of residential architecture in the future and to test the skill of imagination in architecture.
"I believe that the way people live can be directed a little by architecture.
– Tadao Ando
The most significant architectural space we experience throughout our lives is our Home. This competition aims to question the possibilities of homes in the future. What will the idea of Home be in the year 2122?
Our idea of Home has changed over the past 100 years with technological advancements in the architecture and design industry; it continues to do so even today. We have launched this competition to encourage and sharpen imagination, an essential skill required in architectural design, and to discuss future possibilities to avoid the adverse effects of our current actions.
Design a home for a family of 3 – 4 members that live 100 years ahead in the future. Consider the impact of global population shifts, advanced materials, and building techniques.
"To create, one must first question everything."
This competition aims to imagine the future possibilities of residential architecture design with the goal of understanding the adverse effects of our current actions in the future.
1. Define the context – your imagination of the world 100 years from now.
2. Design a home for a family of 3 -4 members.
3. Participants should decide the type of building, the area in sq.m, and the location based on their imagination of the future.
4. Define how residents interact with the proposed design in graphical representation.
5. Name your home – A title that suits your imagination
“"Architecture is a dangerous mix of power and importance."”
- Rem Koolhaas.
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
• Design sheets (2 -5) – jpeg. / jpg. format.
• Design description with a title (Min. 300 words) – docx. / docs. Format
Winners (X3): Certificate of achievement + Publication + Interview
Honourable mentions (X3): Certificates + Publication
Shortlisted entries (X10): Certificates
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format.
Click the above link for more details.