Yearning to breathe
Registration deadline: 4thJanuary 2023
AR (advanced registration): 1st July 2022 – 19th July 2022
ER(early registration): 20th July 2022 – 4th August 2022
SRL1 (standard registration level 1): 5th August 2022 – 4thSeptember 2022
SRL2 (standard registration level 2): 5th September 2022 – 4th October 2022
SRL3 (standard registration level 3): 5th October 2022 – 4thNovember 2022
SRL4 (standard registration level 4): 5th November 2022 – 4th December 2022
LR (late registration): 5th December 2022 – 19thDecember 2022
CR(countdown registration): 20th December 2022 – 4thJanuary 2023
Submission deadline: 19th Jan 2023
Result Announcement: 28th Feb 2023
Participants will be notified in case of an update in the timeline.
Health studies document the increase in stress and greater prevalence of some mental disorders in the cities. Constant interaction of urban life is leading to psychological problems.
Research shows that even a brief interaction with nature has mental healing benefits. Natural features in the cities are a necessity, features that enhance human health. House needs to be homely and more alive; home needs to be a structure that can ‘BREATHE’. Cities depend on a healthy environment for proper functioning. Cities need to incorporate nature to bring in the positive effect on mental health which can be achieved by interaction with nature.
“Biophilic design is about the value of the embodied beauty of nature that we can bring to our everyday lives, we can create an identity, a sense of belonging and well-being.”
Understanding the healing potential of design inspired by nature
• To address the issues of degrading relationship between nature and humans leading to mental illnesses such as stress and depression
• Enhancing mental healing and recovery.
A Biophilic Residence that responds to the dense concrete fabric of the city.
• Design an Urban Home that is based on the idea of ‘BIOPHILIA’.
• Develop an urban residential model that overcomes the shortcomings of our current city homes.
• The user should be able to reconnect with nature.
• Concentrate on architectural and interior design innovations based on Biophilia.
• A single unit (any type in the existing urban fabric or design a type of your own)
• Mention the sq. m. (Area) of the residence in the selected location and the reasoning for the same.
Principles of Biophilic Design:
• Evolved Human Nature Relationship
• Environmental features
• Natural patterns and processes
• Natural shapes & forms
• Light and architectural space
• Location based relationship – Place based relationship with architecture.
“Building supports us best, when they echo the scale and tone of the natural environment through inspiring light, form and dimension.”
Patterns of Biophilic Design:
• Visual Connection with Nature
• Non-Visual Connection with Nature
• Non-Rhythmic Sensory Stimuli
• Thermal & Airflow Variability
• Presence of Water
• Dynamic & Diffuse Light
• Connection with Natural Systems
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 3 members in a team)
• University students can contact us for discounts – email us at email@example.com
• Presentation Board (Min. 02 Max. 05 no | size: A1 Landscape format)
• Text Summary (Min. 300 words)
• BESPOKE MEDAL
Competition winner receives a bespoke medal as a token of appreciation.
News announcement on global platforms (platforms partnered with us - Global exposure.)
Design feature on our platform.
Exclusive Interview in both text & video format (Video feature on our home page)
• ATTESTED CERTIFICATE
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to our winners / honourable mentions & a participation certificate to all our participants
• PUBLICATION OF ARTICLE / DESIGN
Design / article feature on our partnering platform.
• JURY CRITS / COMMENTS ON YOUR ENTRY WITH DETAILS
Comments from our jurors for improvement and appreciation
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format.
Visit our website: www.artuminate.com
Click the competition banner:
Yearning to Breathe – https://www.artuminate.com/annual-competition/yearning-to-breathe
Artuminate – www.artuminate.com & Archiol – www.archiol.com
Click the above link for more details.